In the social media integration report card, I offered a set of company behaviors that we can use to diagnose how well a firm integrates social media into its strategy. These behaviors range from integrating social media with customer management, brand management, and innovation management to monitoring information flows within the company. (more…)
Recent Blog Posts
- Tweet this: Social media important to company performance but difficult to prove
- Who Has the Biggest Marketing Budgets?
- The Riddle of Marketing in Russia
- CMO Optimism, Confidence, and Company Growth Strategies
- Does Pressure to Prove the Value of Marketing Help or Hurt Company Performance?
- Why Companies Should Compete on Privacy (and What Customers Can Do to Help)
- Big Data’s Big Puzzle
- Chief Marketing Officer Optimism at Four-Year High; Proving the Value of Marketing Remains Elusive
- Overcoming the Marketing-Sales Turf War: Six Strategies to Integration
- Measuring Social Media ROI: Companies Emphasize Voice Metrics
The CMO Survey Blog
Is your company being strategic about social media?
The August 2011 CMO Survey reported that companies are increasing spend on social media (from current levels of 7.1 percent of marketing budget to 10.1 percent over the next year and to 17.5 percent in the next five years). (more…)